Penang Curry Mee (noodles) is one of the popular hawker food in Penang. It is a types of soup based noodles, the stock cooked with coconut milk curry gravy, come with noodles and vermicelli, pig’s blood cubes, bloody cockles, cuttlefish, tofu puffs, mint leaves and bean sprout.
Few years ago, The Ramen Rater listed MyKuali Penang White Curry Noodles in their list of ” Top Ten Spiciest Instant Noodles Of All Time”, Penang White Curry Mee became famous in all nation.
In Penang, there are no different between Curry Mee and White Curry Mee, both are coconut milk base curry soup. Some hawker cook the soup with curry gravy so the soup is red in color, however some soup is white color and the fried chili paste is separately, customer can add the chili paste into the soup depend how spicy they like.
Curry Mee is available throughout the day and night. Below are some places you can get a bowl of Curry Noodles.
- Hot Bowl White Curry Mee, Ragoon Road (Morning till noon time)
- Lorong Seratus Tahun (Morning & noon time)
- Lee Huat Cafe ( Opposite Lam Wah Ee Hospital, next to Petron Petrol Station) (Morning)
- Cecil Market Food Court (Afternoon)
- Chulia Stree Road Side (Night)