The Kuan Yin Temple is the oldest temple in Penang. It was built in 1728 by early Chinese settlers of the Hokkien and Cantonese communities and completed in 1800.
The temple was originally named Kong Hock Keong. It was once used not only for religious but also for social functions within the Chinese community.
Kuan Yin Temple dedicated to Ma Chor Poh, the patron saint of seafarers at the beginning. Then honours Kuan Yin, the God of Mercy from 1820.
Add: Jalan Masjid Kapitan keling, 10200 Georgetown, Penang