City Hall at Esplanade built in 1903. It is a British colonial architecture still in existence in George Town.
In year 1982, the Federal Government has listed this building of significant historical and architectural values as a national monument under the Antiquities Act 1976.
City Hall is a headquarters of the Penang Island City Council. Some of the department has moved back to this building after finished restoration and refurbishment work by this year. The restoration and refurbishment work started from years 2013 to 2015.